Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 May 1991 17:15:49 +0200
On Fri, 24 May 1991 16:32:04 EDT [log in to unmask] said:
>Now what? Should I  be doing something to get RESENT  headers put on it?
>How do I get it back to the list. What does "simply forward" mean?

Well,  it means  using  the FORWARD  command on  any  obsolete mail  user
interface that  fails to act  the way God  meant mail user  interfaces to
act, ie causing RESENT  tags to be added to the  header with the original
tags preserved.  I realize this  is very confusing  due to the  fact that
most mail user  interfaces running on The Operating System  Of The Future
are not brain-damaged  like those most commonly used  on 1950's operating
systems, and their FORWARD function causes  a new header to be generated,
with the body  being the whole original message  (headers included). This
makes it more convenient to reply to the original person - I just love it
when I  get a forwarded question  from our postmaster and  the addressees
are Germans with  60-80 characters X.400 addresses. Anyway,  such type of
"forwarding" will  not work, because  it will  look like bounced  mail to
LISTSERV.

  Eric