Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:55:30 -0400
Ron Payne/cis/evp/Okstate wrote:

>         I will greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone can give to me
> about a problem that has just started here.  When one of our list owners
> makes changes to a subscriber's address, the resulting notice issued shows
> a subscriber (always the same subscriber) with the list owner's correct
> e-mail address as having made the change instead of the list owner's name
> and e-mail address.  The exact phrase with fictitious name and address
> follows:
>
> George Peabody <[log in to unmask]> has just changed your name as it
> appears in the ELLSTUDENT-F list from "Jon R Phillips" to "Igor Phillips".

Listserv thinks jmoore's name is George Peabody.  Probably jmoore
tried to add George to something but used the "subscribe" command
instead of the add command.  jmoore needs to either subscribe to
a list on the server with his or her correct name, or use the
register command.

Margaret King
Michigan State University