Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Aug 1993 01:02:38 +0200
I would like this ridiculous  discussion to stop, now, because everything
has  been said.  LISTSERV is  not a  gateway, it  doesn't operate  in the
usenet world, it  doesn't talk NNTP or otherwise  communicate with usenet
systems, it doesn't have to respect usenet conventions any more than 'rn'
has to  respect LISTSERV conventions.  It can't know which  messages come
from usenet and which don't, so it can't give special treatment to usenet
messages. That's all there is to say about it and indeed that's about all
that  has been  said in  the last  week -  just in  a much  more verbose,
tedious and repetitive way.

If you have a problem with the  gateway, take your flaming to the gateway
maintainers. LISTSERV and  I have absolutely no control  over the gateway
code or the people  who write or manage it, so I don't  want this list to
be  clogged with  these complaints,  nor  do I  want people  to sign  off
because they  wanted information  about LISTSERV and  ended up  getting a
usenet flame  fest for appetizer.  LSTSRV-L is  a mailing list,  with all
that it  implies in  fascist access control.  If this  discussion doesn't
stop, I  will start activating all  these evil features to  make it stop.
Since the list is gatewayed to a usenet group you'll be able to flame all
you want on  the usenet side, but it  won't make it to the  list. I thank
you in advance for your cooperation.

  Eric