Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 8 Jan 1987 18:52 SET
  I am extremely busy  those days because of all kinds  of hardware problems on
our machine.  Channel 5 (the  one the consoles  are plugged in)  sometimes goes
into a series  of interface control checks, disconnecting  everybody. The 3250s
hang  the system  on  a VARY  ON  quite often  because  of intermittent  short-
circuits  somewhere.  One   of  our  3350s  is  malfunctioning,   and  it's  no
longer maintained  officially. And  we can't  manage to  have the  3812 printer
talk to the mainframe.

  Besides  there is  a  generalized  strike in  France.  Train,  bus and  metro
traffic is now  from 10% to 30% of  normal, and there are no  trains after 8pm.
It now takes 2h to come to FRECP11. I have received your mail, I'm not
ignoring it -- it's  merely piling on my reader until  the problems get solved.
If you really have  something urgent to ask, you'd better give  me a phone call
at 36-61-33-10 ext 1287.

  Sorry for not  having answered your mail  yet, and sorry for  not having time
to look at your LISTSERV questions.

Eric