Bob Kaneshige <KHAAV@ASUACAD>
Thu, 20 Jul 89 09:03:51 MST
On Thu, 20 Jul 89 09:05:16 CDT Marty Hoag said:

>   That depends...  If the mail systems RETURNS the mail to the SENDER
>as it should according to RFC822, then LISTSERV will detect the presence
>of the original fields for the list and pass it to the "Errors-To" field
>of that list.  For example, in the case of the list Bill owns, BIOMED-L,
>this is the owner of the list.

According to the  above, the 'Errors-To:' user(s) 'should' receive  the bounced
mail (at least most of them). I have set  the 'Errors-To:' to the list owner(s)
ids but still receive the rejections and not the owner(s). Is the documentation
incorrect in saying that the default is the postmaster if nothing is specified,
otherwise the specified ids will receive the rejection?  I am not listed as an
owner in any of the lists.

  Bob