Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:54:07 -0500
You should of course talk to an L-Soft sales rep to get costs.
However, I can give you an idea of various options you might
consider:

- L-Soft support: yes, L-Soft has very good support. Unlike many
companies, where the support questions go through a first level
(human or automated) that knows nothing about the product but just
tries to match keywords in the questions to canned answers, L-Soft's
support is staffed by people who actually READ your questions and
usually know the answers, and when they don't know the answer, they
ask someone who does. Phone support is also available, but email is
usually more effective.

  http://www.lsoft.com/resources/support.asp

- 24 hour pager support: you have to pay quite a bit for this, but
it's available if you really need round-the-clock access to L-Soft
support.

- L-Soft also has consultants who can be hired to get you through
and training services that can help get your bus-impacted sysadmin's
replacement up and running quickly:

  http://www.lsoft.com/products/training.asp
  http://www.lsoft.com/products/consulting.asp

- List Hosting at L-Soft: either as your main plan, or your backup
plan. If you run your own LISTSERV at your site and your site "blows
up" for whatever reason (either figuratively or literally), then as
long as you keep good backups (offsite, if the explosion is
literal), L-Soft could have your LISTSERV node back up as a ListPlex
hosted node fairly quickly (as long as you can get the A record
changed in your DNS in that time frame). Alternatively, if you
simply get your LISTSERV nodes hosted at L-Soft in the first place,
you don't have to worry about your sysadmin getting hit by a bus. If
you later decide to bring your LISTSERV node in-house, it's very
easy to do.

  http://www.lsoft.com/products/listplex.asp
  http://www.lsoft.com/products/listplex_licvout.asp

Francoise

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp