Brent Stilley <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Aug 1993 09:20:14 CST
On Sat, 21 Aug 1993 04:47:01 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>On   Fri,   20    Aug   1993   21:18:04   GMT    "Richard   W.   Wiggins"
><[log in to unmask]> said:
>
>>I disagree. If I set up a robot reply tool I would never want this tool,
>>as my agent, posting to mailing lists
>
>I have  no problem with  that -  who the robot  writes to and  under what
>conditions is clearly up  to you. However, if you DO  write such a robot,
>it should identify its messages as being from a robot.

As an example, the new cc:Mail for Windows rules facility will prefix the
subject with "Rule:" (e.g. Subject: Rule: bla, bla, bla) so that other people's
"robot" responders will know not to respond themselves to an auto response.

I give this not so much as an example of "how to", but just to show that even
cc:Mail recognizes this as an obvious requirement ;-)

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078