"Russell, D (Duncan)" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:45:39 -0000
Hi all,

Sorry but I have been away for a few days and when I came back I found our
backbone listserv machine in a very sorry state, an email error sent to me
as administrator contained the error attached below. This ends with an
"Unspecified error (181)" Can anyone out there provide any enlightenment, I
am stumped by what actually happened. Looks like it just had a problem
writing a .tmp file and that the severity was informational, however this
error appears to have been responsible for causing the machine to reboot due
to a bugcheck ???, or at least that's what it said in the event logs.

The machine is an NT4 sp6a box with a Pentium II 200, and 192 mb Ram, it is
fully patched 1.8d listserv running with LSMTP. Any useful ideas ?

Thanks
Duncan

<DIST2> System or internal error occurred during delivery - see enclosed
traceback. Job (12614481) transferred to [log in to unmask]

Information about the failing job
---------------------------------
Job origin: [log in to unmask]
Actual ("FROM=") origin: [log in to unmask]
Job type: Mail
Spool fileid: "PICLIST MAILDIST", DISTcode=LISTSERV

VIA list: MITVMA.MIT.EDU PLUM.EASE.LSOFT.COM LISTS.CLUBINT.NET
LISTSERV.JA.NET

Serious error occurred - traceback follows
>>> Error X'000005AA' writing output spool file C:\LISTSERV\SPOOL\0000.TMP
<<<
 -> Severity: Informational
 -> Facility: Generic error codes
 -> Abstract: Unspecified error (181)