Tim Casten <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:18:15 -0400
Hello Paul,

Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 5:04:51 PM, you wrote:

> For what it's worth, L-Soft's products are not the only ones which do not
> accomodate the Blackberry's non-standard date headers. Some spam filters are
> triggered by the non-standard date header. In the long run, it would be less
> costly and time-consuming for everyone if the folks at Blackberry would simply
> fix their BAD (Broken As Designed) email client.

I don't disagree with you entirely Paul.  However, LSOFT is adding to the bad Date and time header by incorrectly replacing the time stamp sith 6 zero's 00:00:00  i take it because blackberry sends out the cap GMT with their timestamp.  However in looking at headers from a blackberry the correct time is also included.

So in theory yes blackberry needs to fix their timestamp but also LSOFT needs to stop making an assumption and creating a hard error to the timestamp.  Most email servers are forgiving with the soft errors in regards to timestamps from email clients.

--
Best regards,
 Tim