Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Fri, 20 Oct 89 18:55:44 GMT
>Sure, now  tell Listserv  to change TELL  subscriptions to  their proper
>Domain format :-)

Both TELL and MAIL subscriptions  cause full qualification of the address
on outbound messages. The address inside the list is not fully qualified,
for compatibility reasons  and to save space, but it  is not processed by
any mailer or gateway.

>Well, there  is another problem.  Mail to user  SYSTxxxx@RYERSON is(was)
>being  forwarded to  SYST8xxxy@RYERSON, but,  now mail  is coming  in to
>RYERSON.BITNET (say,  where is  that node?) and  is not  being forwarded
>(Mailer R2.03B).

Get yourself a real mail forwarding package.

>I guess this is a reason to goto R2.04

Will it forward IBM NOTEs also? :-)

>Even worse,  when we ran X1.25  all mail to 'RYERSON.BITNET'  would goto
>the bitbucket.

You don't *have* to configure it this way, you know :-)

  Eric