Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 11:24:40 -0700
At 10:07 AM 1/9/97 -0600, you wrote:
>If someone has NOMAIL set, would they still receive the
>automatic renewal messages or are they suppresed too?  ..Chris..

Yes, they are supposed to, and they will.  That is the most important ones
to hit, actually.  Before I set up renewal on my dozen lists I had LOTS of
folks with nomail, some of which had been set that way for years, I'm sure.
 You'll get a bunch of bounces the first time thru, as they set nomail,
forgot about it, left for another job, etc.   But if you take the time to
delete them you'll save a lot of headaches in the future.  You'll also see
that some who get the msgs don't renew, which is fine.....and you'll see
unsubs from some who do get the renewals as they'd forgotten they were even
subbed.   My lists had been running about four years each when I started
renewals and the number of subs dropped between 20 and 35% on my lists
after the first round of renewals.   The manager of the mainframe was quite
happy about that.  o-)

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.