Leonard D Woren <LDW@USCMVSA>
Thu, 3 Dec 87 19:59 PST
> There's a problem  with your approach. If I'm sending  mail to someone at
> CANADA01, my  mailer is going to  forward it to CUNYVM  for distribution.
> CUNYVM  will  forward to  PSUVM,  which  will  forward to  CORNELLC,  and
> eventually CANADA01.  Almost one 'Received:'  per RSCS link...  Poor user
> :-) /Eric

   Well, since I have one foot mired in the Internet world and the
other in BITNET, I'd like to say that the Received lines are useful,
for reasons that I'll detail some other time if someone asks.  In any
case, it's appropriate to have a user agent that allows the user to
suppress any type of header line that he doesn't care about.  I
suppress Received: lines, since I get many many messages from the
Internet gatewayed to me on BITNET, and there are usually 15 lines of
like slow delivery.  (But maybe people on BITNET don't want to know
about that, since all BITNET delivery is slow...  ;-)  No flames
please; I still think BITNET has some major advantages over Internet.)

/Leonard