Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 23:32:31 +0200
On Mon, 17 Jul 1995 12:36:48 CDT Darren Evans-Young <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>1) How does one get LISTSERV to stop complaining about BITEARN NODES not
>   being current? (I no longer receive that file automatically.)

You just FTP it from FTP.LSOFT.COM, CD LISTSERV-DATA. Eventually we'll be
able to remove this file, right now the majority of the backbone is still
on  BITNET so  you need  BITEARN  NODES to  be  a part  of the  backbone.
Otherwise there will be all sorts  of problems. For instance you will get
mail from  [log in to unmask] and  you won't  know it's  the machine
listed as LISTSERV@SEARN in the tables.

>2) I  want LISTSERV to send  mail for the .BITNET  subscribers to LMAIL,
>   since LMAIL knows how to route them correctly. Right now, all .BITNET
>   folks I get  errors about node XXXX not found  in the current BITEARN
>   NODES file.

It looks like something is wrong with BITEARN NODES.

  Eric