Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Jul 1991 00:52:11 +0200
Here is a  copy of an item I  posted on LSTSRV-M, 11 months  ago. I still
wonder why I bother to make fixes available and keep LISTSERV maintainers
informed of new  fixes, if nobody bothers to install  them. Please accept
my apologies if this was not the cause of your problem.

  Eric
Date:         Mon, 30 Jul 90 00:01:51 O
Sender:       Revised LISTSERV Maintainers <LSTSRV-M@CEARN>
From:         Eric Thomas <ERIC@SEARN>
Subject:      HIPER 16E-004O: AFD-related problems

16E-004O  fixes two  problems, the  first of  which should  be considered
HIPER by sites heavily relying on AFD:

1. AFD subscriptions  initiated under release 1.6e  are sometimes ignored
   at AFD  time. That  is, some  users might  not receive  a copy  of the
   updated files they are AFD'ed  to. FUI subscriptions are not affected,
   nor are  AFD subscriptions  containing a  'prolog-text' or  made under
   release 1.6d or earlier.

2. When 16E-001O was made available,  some of you might have received AFD
   notification that  file V16E FIXLIST  had been deleted, followed  by a
   distribution of  the actual file.  16E-004O fixes this  problem, which
   happens with all releases  of LISTSERV when the file is  a member of a
   generic fileid with immediate AFD, did not exist before the PUT, has a
   FAVE associated to it and was stored under a CMS fileid different from
   the one defined in the FILEID file.

You are  strongly advised to apply  this fix if you  are making extensive
use of AFD.