Jim Gerland <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:08:07 -0400
We had a disk problem here last week and ended up with over 35,000 files
waiting to be delivered.

We noticed that there was no particular order in how those files were
being acted on.  That is, we noticed newly arriving messages being
processed before the older mail was.  This seems "wrong" to us (just our
opinion).

Shouldn't email be delivered on a first-in/first-out basis?
It seems that uses get easliy confused when they get the response to a
mail message before they've already seen the original mail with the
question in it.

Is the behavior we noticed "standard"?  Correct?
Can we modify it if it is?
Thanks,
Jim...
Jim Gerland  - Manager, Network Information Services    University at Buffalo
Academic Services, Computing & Information Technology   Buffalo, NY 14260
716.645.3557 Work                                       716.645.3734 FAX
[log in to unmask]            URL: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~gerland