Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:59:26 -0400
Good Morning,

Some list owners want to have the "to address" to display something different than the [listname] so we added the list-address keyword to the list header configuration. We also added the list-id keyword so that the web interface will be able to find the correct list. Without the list-id setting we were receiving an error message saying the list name could not be found.

The problem is that when using the list-address and list-id keywords LISTSERV doesn't recognize it is the same list and therefore who the owner is when using the web interface. Here's the example:

We have a list called TEST2 (Everything works fine using the web interface, the list shows up in the drop down as "TEST2" and we can edit the list header and subscribers)
Now we added list-address= [log in to unmask] and list-id = LS_TEST2 (The list shows up in the drop down as LS_TEST2 but when you select this list and try to change the header or add a subscriber you receive "You are not authorized to manage this list" error. LISTSERV thinks it is a different list.

Only by manipulating the URL query string and putting TEST2 as the list name will you be able to modify the list header. Does anyone have any solution/ideas about this? The List owners manual nor site managers guide talk about this problem.

Thanks in advance for your time.