Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:10:23 -0600
On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:31:57 -0400, "Michael J. Langum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Is there any way to format the "scanned" message (e.g. adding
>spaces) that will tell listserv that "this is not a command?"

Well, in my opinion your boss said it very well already:

    "Is there any way to turn off the stuff at the bottom of this
     message?  It is not needed and is just an annoyance."

Since he apparently thinks that is highly prized and necessary information,
I would suggest the unix convention "-- " on a line by itself (see example
below).  Note however that if this "banner" is added to ALL internal emails you
will have a problem with any LISTSERV command that involves a "PUT" since the
entire contents, including the unwanted banner, are considered contents of the
PUT.  This can affect doing a PUT of the list header or MAILTPL or other things.
The workaround is to use the WWW admin interface where possible.
 Ben Parker . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . L-Soft international Inc.
 [log in to unmask]  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Support Engineer