Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 17:15:55 -0500
On 29 Dec 00, at 17:48, Benoit Saunier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> When I send a job like "review listname" to the LISTSERV host, the jobs
> stay in the spool.

What kind of files are staying in the spool directory? If they are
job files, then for some reason LISTSERV is not able to access them,
and if they are mail files, then LISTSERV is processing the command
but unable to forward the mail.

> This came after the file /etc/mail/aliases was removed

Why was this file removed? There are settings in that file that tell
sendmail how to direct mail to LISTSERV. If those settings are not
available, that might explain why LISTSERV never sees the mail.

Francoise