Glenn Vanderburg <X230GV@TAMVM1>
Wed, 20 Jan 88 14:25:28 CST
Greetings,

I've been absent from the list for a while, and have missed a lot.  I
scanned through the list archive and didn't see anything that looked like
what I need to know, so now you all get to hear about it.

Has anybody thought about giving listserv a read-only link to another
machine's minidisk which contains files for distribution?  I'm slowly
building what will soon be a large repository of files related to the TeX
typesetting system.  The problem is that many of the files are already on
our system on other disks, and they need to stay there, and they are very
large.  I don't want to duplicate them for listserv.

If anybody has done this, or has any quick thoughts on the problems I might
encounter, please let me know.  I've thought about using the access validation
exits to do special handling (reaccessing the disk if necessary, splitting
large files, etc.), but I feel certain that there are a lot of other problems
with this approach.  It would be nice if someone would clue me in before I
find out the hard way.  :)

Thanks,
Glenn Vanderburg