Jim McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 May 1991 13:31:21 EDT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Peter M. Weiss
says:
>In article <[log in to unmask]>, "Herbert A. Huston"
><[log in to unmask]> says:
>>            Postings go to [log in to unmask], and there's a BITNET re-
>>distribution to the INFONETS list.  It has reported (but I can't verify)
>>that there is bi-directional exchange with a bit.listserv.infonets news
>>group.
>
>If you can read this from Usenet bit.listserv.infonets, it's because
>the NETNEWS software (in the VM/CMS environment) is able to have a
>bi-directional exchange.  This is different from having the Listserv
>list INFONETS having a bi-directional exchange.  As far as I know,
>LISTSERV does not have a subscription from/to [log in to unmask]

NETNEWS@AUVM is subscribed to [log in to unmask] The postings come as if from
[log in to unmask] and are posted  to bit.listserv.infonets. AUVM is the
global  gateway  for bit.listserv.infonets,  and  so  these postings  are
routed around Usenet  to any site getting the bit.*  hierarchy. Since the
gateway is bi-directional, postings  to bit.listserv.infonets received at
AUVM in our Usenet feed are sent to [log in to unmask]

Information on Linda Littleton's NETNEWS program can be obtain by sending
a  GET NETNEWS  PACKAGE command  to [log in to unmask]  Questions about  the
gateway function can be directed to me.
---
Jim McIntosh ([log in to unmask])
The American University