Gary Sponseller <SPONSELL@AKRONVM>
Tue, 10 Nov 1987 17:59:51 EDT

Three points:

1. Aging spool files to get them out of the spool would certainly be
   welcomed!  This is one feature I was expecting a while back when looking
   at RSCS V1.3 ==> V2.1 -- will it be in V2.2 (enhancements) or V2.3 or later?
   Bill: Do you have any further insight on that?  Is IBM even thinking of it?

2. I have asked Judy Molka at BITNIC to change 5 lists (LINKFAIL, XMAILER,
   BIRREP, TECHREP and INFOREP) to Mail-Via= DISTRIBUTE.  They were all
   changed between Friday and today.  These five are unpeered, "large"
   subscription lists.  Maybe other lists on LISTSERV @ BITNIC can be
   changed too if someone identifies "good" candidates.

   (I am aware that numerous lists were created to "quasi-peer" with these
    five as BITNIC was unwilling/hesitating to peer or distribute lists
    at the time...)

3. I have used   :backbone.YES DISTRIBUTE(NO)   for my LISTSERV entry in
   the PEERS NAMES file.  Our master files (PEERS NAMES and LINKSWT FILE)
   are always current; we do not participate in the backbone distributions;
   we use lists with Mail-Via= Distribution in them; and we still have peered
   lists running fine.