Michael McIntire <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:51:36 -0500
I have been trying to use/test mail merge, and am having some difficulty
with constraining, specifically using the list specific mail merge forms
on the web interface. When I use an inequality, I get all rows, when I use
an equality, I get no rows – which makes some sense if you presume that
the system is comparing apples and oranges.

While I think I have things setup correctly, I could not find in the
documentation anything that described in absolute terms what was required
to use the DBMS interface. The system is Win2K ADVSRV, using
SQLServer2000. The list accesses the data table through a view, which
should be inconsequential though I have noted from some of the archives
the first column is/was required to be the email address.

I can see the statement “select * from v_msmtest” goes to the log, and
returns rows, which tells me that the comparison is done inside the lsoft
engine. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can debug this, or if there is
more detailed documentation on the requirements to setup a table? Is it
possible that the char data is being returned as Unicode?

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael McIntire

DBMS interface
ODBC