"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:37:00 EST
>When a posting is sent out and a given address fails; the remote
>mail-daemon, or something equivalent, sends back an error message to
>the address owner-listname alias.  Since this is a reserved address it
>then fails again and an error gets sent to the owner regarding someone
 ????????????????

>posting to the owner-listname address.  Now since the owner still gets
>the error, is this the desired effect or am I missing something?

On my system, the user's bounce goes to: [log in to unmask]
which maps to the listname's list definition keyword
* ERRORS-TO= which is _not_ an indirect reference to the
* OWNER= keyword operands, though that can happen.

The user's bounce did NOT return yet another message (loop).

AFAIK, things are working as designed, and there is no
problem with that design.

It sounds like your "reserved alias" is somehow mis-, non- configured
on your system.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                  "Are you a bandwidth bandit?"