Fri, 28 Feb 1997 08:31:10 +0000
hi all,
i'm a volunteer with a 2-year old internet-based group for
progressive and feminist women and men called Women Leaders Online.
(http://wlo.org). we currently have a one-way listserv with AOL to
send weekly alerts to 5,000 subscribers. now we are trying to start a
two-way list to discuss new strategies for achieving equality for
women. i recently learned that members of this list occasionally offer
to host listservs for worthy causes and wondered if anyone might be
interested in our new list. with any luck, we hope to have about 500
subscribers and maybe 5 messages per day. if anyone is interested, it
would be great if you could reply personally to me, since i'm not
subscribed to this list. regards, bob

Description of WLO-Project

WLO-Project is a 2-way discussion list intended to empower women in
American politics, society, the economy, the media, and cyberspace.

The Internet has created an historic opportunity to connect unlimited
numbers of women and sympathetic men across geography, age, race,
religion, income, education, and experience. We believe that if we can
figure out how best to work together, we can bring about far-reaching
positive change, limited only by our imagination, enthusiasm, and
basic good sense.

WLO-Project will focus on initiating organizing projects which take
advantage of the opportunities created by the Internet and other new
technologies. These projects will be proposed by and implemented by
the subscribers to the list, working as volunteers in ad-hoc
committees in coordination with Women Leaders Online. Possible ideas
include recruiting a woman candidate for President in the year 2000,
ensuring the availability of jobs for women thrown off welfare,
campaigning for more feminist editorial writers and "pundits",
creating awards for the best women's web sites, and starting a
woman-to-woman mentoring project.