Kent Fiala <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 21:28:41 EST
On Mon, 28 Feb 1994 14:23:14 PT PSJAB@CO1 said:
>1) I get the impression that LISTSERV is only available for sites that
>   are members of the BITNET. True?

As David Boyes replied, LISTSERV is available from L-Soft and does not
require BITNET, although of course if you're not on BITNET you don't get
benefits that BITNET provides.  I'm not sure how many non-BITNET sites
there actually are, but at SAS Institute we've been running it (largely
for internal use only) for over 3 years now.  The current release (1.8a)
runs in our environment without any modifications.

Kent Fiala <[log in to unmask]>
SAS Institute Inc., Cary NC 27513 USA                 919-677-8000 x6646