Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Feb 1994 19:10:38 -0600
>>ListProcessor.  For the less sophisticated subscribers (which I
>>presume -- perhaps incorrectly -- is the typical subscriber) the UNIX
>>version is command for command identical to its big sister.
>Hardly identical. I still have to go through hoops to deal with it.

Eric will surely cringe at the thought that Unix Listproc is a "version"
of LISTSERV.  :-)  (Probably he has already read it and cringed.  I'm
reading this on usenet, which is always a bit behind with gatewayed list
mail.)

Listproc commands are very definitely not identical to LISTSERV commands.
The fact that a few of them are the same makes it even more confusing since
it causes subscribers to assume they're all the same.

As listowner of two LISTSERV lists and one Unix Listproc list, I can assure
you that we're talking about a contest between a gazelle and a crippled sloth.
In spite of the fact that I adore Unix and that I've hated VM the few times
I've used VM systems when traveling, I'm *MUCH* happier as listowner of the
LISTSERV lists on a mainframe several hundred miles away than I am fooling
with Listproc right here at home.
 -- Natalie ([log in to unmask])