Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 May 1994 20:58:43 EDT
Hello folks;

From about  3:00pm on Friday, May  13 to 8:00am  on Monday, the IBM  system I
help support was out  of service so that an upgrade from  VM/XA to the latest
VM/ESA could be done. The upgrade  went well, however, my Listserv postmaster
account has  become flooded with  maildist files. There  were 300 of  them on
the Listserv  postmaster account here  on Sunday when  I did some  testing of
Listserv 1.7f. I was  out of the office all day today and  when I just logged
in from  home to  check out  things, I  found about  400 more  maildist files
sitting in  my Listserv  postmaster account's reader.  I have  two questions.
Why did all  those files get sent  to me and what  do I do with  them? When I
did my testing  on Sunday, I noticed some Listserv  messages saying something
about a file  being sent to listserv  from itself which I  do not understand.
Everything else seems to be working fine with regard to Listserv.

Please  also  accept  my  appology   since  these  maildist  files  won't  be
distributed to Listserv  subscribers in a timely manner. Sorry  about that. I
would have posted this question sooner, however,  I am also in the process of
moving  to a  new apartment  so  things are  very  hectic for  me right  now.

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.