Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:57:55 -0500
In the normal case of an owner trimming a lists archives (eg: deleteing
all archives more than a year old), one can do a get/put sequence to
alert Listserv to the need to rebuild the WWW ind files.

In my case, I want to delete old archives from a group of about 240
lists and then wave a wand and have the server rebuild the ind files for
all 240 lists.  I tried restarting the server after deleting the ind files
on a single test case and Listserv didn't detect the missing ind files,
contrary to my probable misinterpretation of section 5.4.8.  I seem to
recall that the trigger I'm looking for is deleting the list.html files
in the ind parent dir, but would like some reassurance before I actually
whack 240 lists.  Thanks.
                                       -Kary