Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:00:23 -0400
At 14:40 9/6/2005 Tuesday, Bob Vint wrote:
>I would like to create a Listserv mailing list for our Green Valley
>Townhouses IV homeowners association.  The name of the list would be
>GVTH4-L.  I am the webmaster of our website.  It doesn't get modified very
>often, so the members of our homeowners association don't visit it very
>often.  I would like to be able to email announcements from the Board of
>Directors to the homeowners and I would like for the homeowners to be able
>to post messages to the list such as announcements about yard sales, etc.
>This Listserv will be a public service announcement facility for our
>association.
>
>We have 169 home owners in our subdivision and 91 of them (54%) have
>provided the Board of Directors with their email addresses.  I expect that
>more homeowners will participate once we have an established mailing list.
> Even if all 169 homeowners participate, the activity on the list will be
>minimal, so it won't be a burden to the Listserv sponsor.
>
>There will be no commercial activity on this list.

I recommend either self-moderation, or full-moderation.

There is NOTHING WORSE than an official list being hijacked by an owner (customer) infected PC.  I would be verrry peeved if I were an association owner (or listowner) and that occurred.

Similarly, REPLY= SENDER,IGNORE might be appropriate, along with CONFIDENTIAL= YES, REVIEW= OWNER, SUBSCRIPTION= OWNER, as well as some other anti-virus (related) operands.

Depending, you may actually need two lists.

/Pete Weiss
list-owner
condo association "presidente"