Oxford Eric Thomas <ET@UKACRL>
Tue, 21 Jul 1987 17:40 BST
  I am changing the weight of the BITNIC-CUNYVM link to 100 so that DIST stuff
are automatically redistributed to the next-best  server in the area. I prefer
not to remove BITNIC  from the backbone as their might  be "glitches" and some
servers might keep  sending it stuff (eg because the  PUT command didn't reach
them) which it would then reject.

  The weight will be permanently changed to  some 2 or 3 when the line becomes
a 9600 one.

  Eric

PS: 1.5i and  1.5j backbone servers will reject the  PUT command. These should
    get the file manually from LISTSERV@CEARN and install it.