Turgut Kalfaoglu <TURGUT@TREARN>
Mon, 6 Nov 89 10:36:33 TUR
On Fri, 3 Nov 89 09:11:39 CST don coggins said:
>     HELP?
>We are running 1.6c of Listserv here at Texas Tech. I am trying to set
>up files on it. I get Listserv filelist in CTL and modify it okay, then
>put it back on our Listserv. I then made a new file called sample fileid
>and put it on Listserv by the command SAMPLE FILEID A (PUTC. Then I make
>another file for sample filelist which will contain the files we wish to
>distribute. Then I try to put this file on Listserv with SAMPLE FILELIST (PUT,
>but it comes back and says the file is unknown to Listserv. If I try the
>command with putc insteaded of put it stores the file. The problem is
>that the get command will not work if you use putc for this file. If any-
>one has any ideals, please let me know.

Don, did you define SAMPLE FILELIST in LISTSERV FILELIST ? (you need to put
the /F/ flag too) if you omit the /F/ flag, listserv will not search SAMPLE
FILELIST for that file, thinking that SAMPLE FILELIST is just an ordinary
file..

BTW:
I had also discovered a shortcut for * FILEID files. I store my software files
on the A(191) disk, so I simply put:

1
*DEFAULT* A LSV_LCLD
> * * = = A

in the fileid file, meaning that all the files have the identical name on the
disk, and I don't need to touch the * FILEID files ever again.  -turgut