Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 May 1992 10:31:29 EDT
A particular list here, JAZZ-L, seems to shut down mysteriously for no reason
at all. One of that list's subscribers suggested to me that this  is due to a
limitation on  the number  of items a  particular list can  handle in  a day.
This sounds wrong to me especially  since it only averages 11 postings a day.
In the  past week, I have  had to FREE it  twice. I get notes  from people on
the list asking when it will be available  again. I signed up to this list an
hour ago and have received dozens of  postings from it. I wonder if the stats
are  accurate. People  notice very  quickly when  this list  disappears. What
can be  done to make  JAZZ-L more  stable? Any help  you can provide  will be
appreciated.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University