Ed Skochinski <1GTLEJS@CALSTATE>
Sat, 1 Apr 89 15:36:44 PST
> Despite the difficulties, I think it it is important to try and
> improve the efficiency of the GLOBAL commands.

I second this.  In particular, I would like to see the job parameters
ECHO=NO and REPLY-TO actually take effect on a netwide delete.  The only
thing keeping me from sending out netwide deletes when we do a block account
deletion are the facts that every successful DELETE sends a reply, regardless of
the ECHO=NO, and that the reply generated ALWAYS goes to the NAD, regardless
of what is specified on the REPLY-TO.  The current behavior would inundate our
NAD (my manager) with messages.

I believe that the additional traffic caused by our netwide delete (and it
would be a BIG list of addresses) would still be insignificant compared to
the traffic generated by rejections to nonexistent addresses.

Ed Skochinski
Operating Systems Support
The California State University