Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:44:16 -0500
Ben Parker wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:15:45 -0500, Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >Any thoughts?
>
> Re-Read Developer's Guide Chap 4.6.3 about http://community.emailogy.com/scripts/wa-community.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L
>
>   http://www.lsoft.com/Manuals/1.8d/Developer/developer.html#4.6.3

That's very cool. One downside of using this method, is that while
processing SQL mail merge jobs, the web interface doesn't respond. So
there could be gaps of 10, 15, 20, up to 60 minutes where LISTSERV's
chugging along on a sql mail merge job and the web interface doesn't
respond.

I hate to do anything that would cause interruptions in the abilty to be
removed from a list. Having worked for MAPS, and having dealt with spam
complaints for so long, it seems like the #2 problem that generates spam
complaints is a difficult or faulty unsubscribe option.

I might try this on a few low volume mailings and see how well it works
for us. Thanks for the tip!

Al Iverson

--
Al Iverson -- [log in to unmask] -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
Support Jazz in Minnesota! -- http://www.mnjazz.com/