Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:16:53 -0400
>On  3 Jun 98 at 9:31, KEVIN MCKENZIE wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a site that might offer "global unsubscribe" from
>> lists.  One of my users has been the victim of someone signing them up to
>> alot of lists and I have heard of sites that offer something like this to
>> alleviate problems like the one that one of my users is suffering.  Any
>> help or direction in this matter is greatly appreciated.
>
>Have him send mail to [log in to unmask] with this command
>in the body of the message:
>
>UNSUBSCRIBE *
>
>This will only catch LISTSERV lists that are on Networked hosts, but
>it's a good start.
>
>Francoise

Unless LISTSERV.NET is set up specially I think this will only sign him/her
off any mailing lists hosted on LISTSERV.NET.

The proper command (or a proper command at least) is:

        SIGNOFF * (NETWIDE

issued to LISTSERV.NET or any other LISTSERV backbone site.

Note that this will only get LISTSERV-based mailing lists.  Majordomo,
etc.-based mailing list subscriptions will be unaffected.

-jwgh