Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:12:52 -0400
>I've been made responsible to maintain some mailing lists but the owner
>of the lists doesn't work here anymore... how can I change the owner
>from him to me? I've reset POSTMASTER to my address and attempted to
>send commands as him but neither attempts worked.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Kevin Newman

It sounds like you've started doing the right steps.  In order to become a
functioning site manager you need to set POSTMASTER to be your exact email
address and CREATEPW to something secure that you can remember.

Then you should be able to issue commands like GET <listname> (HEADER.
When you PUT the modified header back, the first line should be something
along the lines of

PUT DEVELOPER-COM LIST PW=XXXXXXXX

Substitute the CREATEPW for the sequence of X's.

If you've already done the above and it didn't work, write again and be a
bit more specific about what you mean by 'neither attempt working'.

-jwgh