Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Apr 1994 18:19:12 CST
I just realized that my /WHOIS program is broken 'cause it's trying to
scan SIGNUP FILE but that file no longer exists.  I notice that SIGNUP
FILE was retired with 1.7d.  But I'm absolutely certain that /WHOIS
has worked since then, which means we must have had that file until
"recently" (the last time I can remember it working was probably about
a year ago).  Does anyone know of any automatic process that might
have deleted it?  I'm pretty sure it was working after we installed
1.7f, and we haven't installed 1.8a yet, so I don't think this could
have been done during an installation procedure.

It's not a big deal.  I'll just get the "new" /WHOIS, and everything'll
be fine.  But I'm a little curious how the old SIGNUP FILE disappeared.
Would anyone care to speculate?  :-)

Thanks
Bill