Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 May 2006 15:56:28 -0400
Alan Thew wrote, in part,  on 5/16/2006 6:15 AM:
> We have a list called word-pc, the line that may work for you is
>
> Editor= [log in to unmask],(word-pc)
>
> This was used with 1.8d but works with 14.3/14.5

Actually, "it works(***) in 14.3-5", sort of like the Roger Maris home
run record.

The "star" part is that with this configuration you give up the
possibility of placing a subscriber on review.  That is, Editor trumps
review.

Although I don't have a better system to put forward, I find the
default-options, confirmation, review and edit operation of Listserv to
be unintuitive and sometimes impossible to define in ways that seem
"good".  For example, when I first heard of "non-member", I jumped for
joy, but in practice my list owners find it unusable.

Should we be discussing alternatives?

cheers, wayne