Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:51:13 -0400
We have the need to send to all of our faculty, staff and students from time to time.  Around 100,000 people.  What I have been doing is creating 10 lists with around 10K people on each.  Each list has a different prime time.  One starts at 11 p.m, next one at midnight, then 1 a.m. etc.  This way we don't cripple our e-mail system.  Is there a better way to do this?  Building 10 lists and sending the mail to them is a bit of a nuisance.  Would rather have on list with 100k and have some system trickle the mail out overnight.