UB Listserv Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:30:51 -0400
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Paul Russell wrote:

> Why would LISTSERV create .autodel files for non-existent lists?
>
> --
> Paul Russell
> Senior Systems Administrator
> OIT Messaging Services Team
> University of Notre Dame

I would also like to know this, as I periodically have to delete autodel files
for lists that don't exist, although nowhere near as many as 77,000, but I
see things like:

!.autodel
$randomnumber$.autodel
$randomword$.autodel
*.hotmail.com.autodel
0.autodel
我想应征业务代表回条.autodel
香港英美公司协会.autodel
新婚计划之健康紧急充电.autodel

With spam seemingly to be an ever increasing problem, listserv should have
some mechaninsm to be able to clean up itself from things like this.

-Jim

--
Jim Serwinowski                 [log in to unmask]
UB Listserv Administrator       http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu