Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:08:27 -0500
At 03:43 PM 2/24/2006 -0500, you wrote:
> >> That is part of the problem: There is no real error message from LISTSERV.
> >> My mail server (Postfix) gives this error message:
> >> delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
> >> STORE.KNIFECENTER.COM[70.88.225.6]: Connection refused)
> >
> > Either your inbound SMTP server on the LISTSERV machine is not
> > running, or you need to open port 25 in the firewall.
> >
> > Nathan
>Why would other functions of LISTSERV work? I can e-mail my listserv
>([log in to unmask]) and subscribe/unsubscribe from the listserv
>without any problems.

Hmm, that's not how I interpreted what you said.  I thought you were
saying that no mail was getting -in- to the server at all.  Sorry.

>However, it looks like only the messages that are being sent because of a
>bounced message, the above error occurs.

I think you'll have to ask your network/firewall people why that's
happening.  I can connect to port 25 of STORE.KNIFECENTER.COM from
here without any trouble at all (LISTSERV's SMTPL "listener" service
answers).  So I have no real suggestions for you.

Nathan