Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:49:01 -0400
On 6/19/2007 22:07, David Phillips wrote:
> On 6/19/07, Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> What feedback loop options do I need to specify in order to get feedback
>> loop reports that identify the AOL subscriber who submitted the
>> complaint?
>
> I can't say that this is the ONLY thing that will work, but it works for
> me.
>
> Every AOL member on our lists is set to get their mail with FULL822
> headers.  I use the quiet option, and set listname FULL822 for all at
> AOL.

We have tried this. If I recall correctly, this does not work for digest and
index subscribers, and since it is a user-configurable option, knowledgeable
users who prefer standard headers can reset their own subscriber options.

We have also used the passive probing technique that Karen Reznek described
in an early posting. This has been working reasonably well, so far. I simply
forward each complaint to the list owner with a request to delete the
subscriber who submitted the complaint. As long as AOL is going to count each
complaint against us and is not going to provide us with any means to report
bogus complaints, I am going to treat every complaint as legitimate.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team