Dave Gomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 19:12:10 PST
On Thu, 16 Feb 1995 15:19:19 EST Peter M. Weiss said:
>In article <[log in to unmask]>, Len
>>The REAL problem is when there's no apparent match between the addresses
>>in the message and any subscriber on the list.  Also, some errors list
>>ALL the receivers at the node when only one actaully causes the errors.
>SET list SHORTHDR FOR *@*.domain
>then
>QUIET SET list SHORTB FOR *@*.domain
>causes LISTSERV to generate an INDIVIDUAL e-mail message to EACH
>user in the .domain of the failing site with explicit userid@node
>in the RFC822 TO: field.  This should help you find the failing
>userid when/if the other mail system bounces the message.

But I had one where there was NO RELATIONSHIP between the subbed address and
the forwarded address.  I had to readdress the whole list to find the SOB and
it was because AOL would not cooperate.  Next time, everyone from AOL goes
till they lend a hand.   Dave

Dave Gomberg       Internet: [log in to unmask]