Tim Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 May 2001 06:38:37 -0400
Is there anything special that needs to be done to get mail to be delivered
through a PIX. The issue that I am seeing at the moment is that any mail
that I sent to our listserv (Ie: command to get a list of our lists) never
comes back to me. I see in the queue summary a large number of emails for
our domain but they don't get delivered.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Iverson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 11:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: the Cisco PIX firewall bug

Every once in a while we run into a user who claims we're mailbombing
them, and invariably it's a Cisco PIX firewall, as outlined in the
support FAQ.

Unfortunately, the onus generally rests on us, as to why are we are
"letting" our listserv & lsmtp servers do this.
Is there *anything* we can do on our end to proactively prevent this
situation from occurring? I'd love to hear that there was a patch for
LSMTP or LISTSERV that will allow the servers to work around the problem
when many asterisks are recognized in the SMTP banner.

All I can do on my end is disable any further mail to that domain until
the admin gets their stuff together. Which is rare, and I'm not in a
position to push them around.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Al Iverson