"Russell, D (Duncan)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:38:44 +0100
Firstly thanks a lot for the help re. send= editor options, I think we'll be
using the default NOPOST options.

Secondly, can you tell me whether it is possible to edit the data returned
from the list command ?. I know we can edit the text returned for many of
the commands issued to listserv but cannot find this one in the template
files. Have I just overlooked it or is it not possible.

The main aim of this is to have the lists not appear on Catalist (no insult
intended) whilst keeping them visible from the lists command. Is there any
way around this problem. It says in the manual that if we switch to
standalone mode it'll stop the lists command working anyway, but we wouldn't
want to do this either since if we did switch back to Networked mode all our
non-conf list would then turn up on Catalist. We need to ask our list owners
whether they want to appear there before we enable them. Any good ideas out
there ?

I understand also that coding conf= service will limit auto-subscriptions to
that service area as well, thus it doesn't look like a good solution.

Thanks again
Duncan