Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 22:24:29 EST
Has anyone written a program for doing mass changes to list headers?
I'm talking about doing text substitutions in the headers of many lists
at the same time.

One example of the need for this is that we just left BITNET and now
have over 90 lists with our old BITNET node name in Owner keywords.  We
would like to do a mass change to correct this.

There are other cases where our default values for list header keywords
have changed over time because of changes in our environment.  We would
like to have a simple way to make the changes to hundreds of existing
lists.

We are using LISTSERV on Solaris.