"James Olson / U. Wisconsin - Oshkosh" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Feb 1991 16:18:00 CST
Date sent:  6-FEB-1991 16:05:13

We have just recently have had a number of problems trying to signoff
of 'lists'. I did a REV of the following 'list'. SPLITTGL was still
subscribed as of today, with the address SPLITTGL@OSHKOSHW -
Is it comparing the Bitnet address to our domain addr?
Is the new rel. of PMDF causing a problem?
There have been a number of people saying they don't get
unsub automatically.
BTW, when I had SPLITTGL send a unsub mail message today using
MAIL> Bitnet%... instead of IN%.... the response was unsub successful
and she was removed from the list.

Thanks,

James Olson             University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
OLSON@OSHKOSHW          Oshkosh, Wi
[log in to unmask]  (414) 424-2024

From:   VAXA::SPLITTGL      6-FEB-1991 09:10:08.93
To:     OLSON
CC:
Subj:

From:   IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Revised List Processor" 30-JAN-1991 14:
   57:08.06
To:     [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
CC:     [log in to unmask]
Subj:   User signing off the JOURNET list

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 91 15:52:42 EST
From: Revised List Processor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: User signing off the JOURNET list
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]

Dear list owner,

  [log in to unmask] has attempted to  sign off the JOURNET distribution
list (Discussion List  for Journalism Education) with the  'UPCASE' option, but
could not be found  in the list of recipients. It is  possible that a "synonym"
address exists in the list (eg one  with a less explicit domain phrase, or with
an explicit  '%' routing through a  particular gateway). Please check  the list
manually for an address that could possibly map to [log in to unmask]

Virtually,

   The LISTSERV management