"A. Ömer Köker" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:03:47 +0200
SpamCop has taken us out of their black list.

SpamCop HAD us black listed with only 1 complaint (ever). This was what
I saw as soon as I realized and checked with them.  Later today (48hours
later) it said "Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been
reported less than 10 times by less than 10 users. In the past 791.6
days, it has been listed 15 times for a total of 26.9 days"

This signals that they might have accounting problems!  How could I have
had 1 complaint on record yesterday and end up having 15 showing in
26days today? Unless they are counting into the future ;) this doesn’t
make sense.

I applaud and thank people working to limit spam on the net and don’t
want to look like I am picking on SpamCop but this is my experience and
our lists serve close to 180,000 people.

Anyway to make it more relevant to this list what are peoples experience
in techniques to not have to deal with such headaches?

- test for openrelays on your network.
- ??
- ??

Regards,