Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:22:32 -0400
text/plain (24 lines)
Oh, good.  I didn't know if you'd have to go in and declare to IIS that .cgi was a legal executable extension or not.  I just knew that it worked under Apache without any fiddling around.

Nathan

At 12:58 PM 10/10/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>(Reply from Randy Klumph)
>
>I'm running IIS (no snickering people) and your suggestion worked like a charm. Simple and painless. Thanks!
>
>
>- Nathan Brindle wrote:
>>I don't know if this counts as an official position, but we've always said that you can call the CGI just about anything you want, as long as your web server will serve it.  For instance, I just renamed the copy on my test instance (Windows XP, with Apache) to wa.cgi and I'm having no trouble running it.  I think there are other sites represented here who do something similar.
>>
>>Naturally you'd have to change anything that pointed directly to wa.exe in the configuration, so if WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI=/cgi-bin/wa.exe you'd have to change it to WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI=/cgi-bin/wa.cgi and restart LISTSERV.  And you'd also have to make sure that your web server knew that .cgi was an executable extension.  (This appears to be the case by default in Apache, but I wouldn't give you odds that's also the case for IIS.)
>
>------------
>Regards,
>Randy Klumph
>[log in to unmask]
>The National Consortium on Deaf-Blindness
>The Teaching Research Institute
>345 N Monmouth Ave
>Monmouth, OR 97361

ATOM RSS1 RSS2