Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Nov 1993 13:08:47 CST
   Yes, as Eric explained the "bogus" message had a line of 75 "="s (equal
signs) followed by a line starting with "Date: 11-19-19..." which the
DATABASE indexing function took to be a new message.  However, the daily
digest and index output properly took the mail to be one item so the
numbers no longer agreed.

   Since the numbers printed with the "daily" index are generated by
subtracting the number of items in that index from the total in DBINDEX
(+1) to get the starting point, the starting point is one too large
in the listing (until the item in error is passed, then they agree).

   For now I guess we can just warn people not to use lines of "="s in
their postings!

   Marty